Our membership structure has evolved over the past three years to meet the growing needs of making Tay Commons Cohousing a reality. Effective November 1, 2018, our membership consists of a number of people who:
- attend meetings regularly
- are committed to the ideals and concepts of cohousing;
- are in agreement with the Tay Commons Cohousing Vision Statement;
- participate in Circles
- pay annual dues of $100 per person
- participate in discussions that affect all members of the Tay Commons Cohousing Community
Some members will be residents and some will not. This reflects the work and active support of a core group of people who make up the backbone of the community. Those who are residents will have rights and responsibilities pertaining to their ownership of the building, but all members contribute to the Tay Commons Cohousing community as a whole.
In addition, there will be a Warmth cohort, people who are interested in cohousing and friendly towards the group but are not members. There is no fee for the Warmth cohort.
People in the Warmth cohort interested in becoming members of Tay Commons Cohousing follow an established process for applying to do so.